Hello!


Hey there! Welcome to my new blog, Paper Bones.

I'm calling it that because bones are at the centre of, well, pretty much everything. They are the murmurs of a song to be, the first draft of your novel, thumbnails for your graphic novel, roughs for your picture book, the armature under a sculpture, the ribs of a wooden boat, the beams of a house. Some of these things remain hidden under flesh, other times they are refined and refined until the original marks / sounds / bricks no longer exist. But all of these things are bones. And we build out from the bones, all of the wonder of the world.

I'm going to write about bones a lot on here. I will share some of my process, helpful tips, creative resources and inspiration. And new art, too, of course! My hope is that you will follow along and in turn, find the bones and inspiration to create something beautiful of your own.

À bientôt, mes amis!
Willow

(PS. Comments are turned off on this blog. But I encourage you to share, like and comment on my Facebook page or on Instagram)

Popular Posts